This workshop teaches the fundamental principles of setup reduction. Setup is clearly defined. Both reasons for and barriers to reducing changeovers are presented. The seminar follows the principles outlined by Shigeo Shingo on Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED). Participants learn the standard methodology in applying SMED to any type of setup or industry. This workshop includes a live simulation where students get hands-on experience in setup reduction.Printable Version
- Understand how quick changeover/setup reduction supports Lean enterprise
- Understand key concepts related to quick changeover/setup reduction
- Learn the principles of SMED
- Apply quick changeover principles by using a standard approach
- Learn to apply SMED using a disciplined, visual process of documentation and improvement
- Experience a team approach to quick changeover/setup reduction
- Learn how quick changeover/setup reduction can be applied to support functions throughout the value chain
The class features a hands-on simulated factory where participants will experience the benefits of quick changeover/setup reduction by applying the lecture concepts, standardizing improvements and measuring the impact.
$2500 to hold at client’s facility
$175 per person for open enrollment
Training at UAH will also be charged $20 per person/per day for consumables.
Photo-Video Notice: UAH – ATN staff may attend open-enrollment training session(s) to take photos or record video for marketing-promotional use. Instructors will notify training attendees before photos or video are taken if they wish to decline participation.
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations during the workshop, please contact us at Customer Service or 256.824.5326. Two weeks advance notice will allow us to provide seamless access.